We’re excited to announce that the Stamp Stampede is expanding and we’re looking to hire staff based in Brunswick, ME. If you’re interested or know someone who would be a good fit, please send cover letters and resumes to Ashley McCurry at AshleyaMcCurry@gmail.com. Please include “Stamp Stampede” in the subject line.
POSITION: Program Coordinator
About the Stamp Stampede
The Stamp Stampede is an initiative of People Power Initiatives, national non-profit, non-partisan campaign working to eliminate the influence of money in politics and stop the attack on voting rights. With over 100,000 members, the Stampede promotes a tactic of legally stamping messages on dollars like ‘Not To Be Used For Bribing Politicians’ and “Stop The Attack On Voting Rights” to demonstrate mass visual demand for fundamental reforms to fix U.S. democracy.
Under general supervision build and maintain email and social media networks through regular communication and engagement in order to inspire people, maintain customer service standards, and keep the Stampede’s stamping community active and engaged.
- Develop social media content, information, and promotion on all social media platforms;
- Identify press opportunities;
- Maintain an email, blog, and social media content calendar;
- Follow and track partner organizations, promote their material;
- Manage the info@StampStampede.org email account and promptly respond to all messages
- Develop and manage a list of highly engaged stampers and seek out opportunities for them to help support the campaign on a volunteer basis.
- Promote stamping activities and events to partner organizations, supporters, local press, and local businesses;
- Track and report weekly metrics;
- Maintain and update the website
- Report weekly and monthly metrics;
- Assist in other tasks as required.
Bachelor’s Degree; Basic campaign, communication, or marketing experience.
- Volunteer recruitment and management
- Social media management
- Lead tracking, cultivation and conversion
- Writing and communication
- General knowledge of website CMS
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Google Docs
- Hootsuite, Mailchimp, Google Analytics, and WordPress.
People Power Initiatives is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome applications from all and especially encourage people of color, people with disabilities, refugees, immigrants, women, and LGBTQ candidates to apply. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.